What We Do
The ACSD focus is on facilitating exchange of information on interventions, initiatives and best practices on
- Climate change
- Food security
- Access to water
- Clean energy generation
- The achievement of SDGs in African Countries
The objective is to increase synergies and complementarities between activities, learn from earlier activities and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of donor resources. The goal is to contribute and accelerate Sustainable Development on the African Continent.
Through the Center the partners want to encourage the increase of effectiveness, of the synergies and complementarity of the initiatives in progress in support of Africa, and at the same time have the opportunity to better listen to the needs and priorities of our African partners.
ACSD SUPPORT AREAS
Collecting and sharing of information about ongoing interventions and initiatives in support of the identified focal area on the African continent;
- Creating an enabling environment to foster collaboration among ongoing activities.
Carrying out pro-active assessments and opportunity analysis to identify new interventions and initiatives that ACSD will assist in getting donor co-funding;
Resulting from the assessment and opportunity analysis, information will be collected and used to pro-actively identify innovative solutions that could be developed. Further, the ACSD will assist in bringing these opportunities to the (G7) donor community for (co)funding.
- Upon request, the ACSD would also support donor countries, and in particular G7 ones, to develop joint proposals and projects.
- Conducting research and analysis of data to support ongoing activities;
- Fostering communication on experiences and best practices among ongoing activities;
- Assessing demands and needs of African countries and facilitate response from the donor community.
- Identifying and designing instruments and mechanisms to increase the engagement of private sector;
- Identifying the required enabling environments in African host countries to attract private investments and develop activities to facilitate the setting up of these enabling environments;
- Supporting the production of technical publications, brochures, videos, newsletters and other communication material on relevant initiatives;
- Facilitating the presentation of ongoing interventions and initiatives at global fora.